We live in a time when many people feel that their day has not begun until they have had a coffee.
As summer approaches and the temperature climbs, I find that starting the day with a hot beverage no longer has the same appeal as it did a few months ago.
The ‘frappe’ is a cold drink that has taken Greece by storm. Quick and easy, frappes have become popular amongst tourists and locals alike. A frappe can be varied in as many ways as a regular coffee can to suit all tastes. It seems that this delicious drink is the perfect alternative to a hot morning coffee.
There are many ways by which to make a frappe, but this is mine.
- Instant coffee (I like the Moccona Caramel blend)
- Cold water
- Artificial sweetener (or you can add sugar if you would prefer)
- In a martini shaker (or any other container that you can seal and shake) add coffee, sweetener/sugar and 100mL of cold water.
- Shake it until all the liquid has turned into froth.
- Pour it into a glass.
- Add ice and cold water to fill the glass. If you like milk with your coffee, add it now.