- 375g of Arrowroot biscuits
- 200g of butter (melted)
- 500g of cream cheese
- 300g of sour cream (light)
- ¾ cups of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- Cream to serve
- Vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 160°
- Place the arrowroot biscuits in a clean freezer or zip lock bag. Then, with a rolling pin, crush the biscuits until they become a powder.
- Place powdered biscuits into a mixing bowl and add the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Line a cake tin (with removable sides) with baking paper.
- Place the biscuit mixture into the cake tin and push it into an even layer along the base and sides.
- Bake for five minutes.
- Take the base out of the over and let it cool slightly while you make the second layer.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar using a bar mix or food processor.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence to that bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin with the biscuit base.
- Cook for 1.5 hours or until cooked through.
- Open the oven slightly and let the cheesecake slowly come to room temperature (to avoid the surface cracking).
- Chill before serving.
- To serve, add vanilla cream and strawberries.
Cream to serve
- Mix the cream and vanilla bean. The quantity needed will depend on personal preference.