In The Simpsons, Bart and Homer say that ‘you don’t make friends with salad’. I beg to differ. This colourful salad is perfect for dinner parties or barbeques with friends and family. It is also great for lunch the next day. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of pumpkin that has been cut into cubes
- 2 bunches of spinach
- Juice from half a lemon
- 250g of couscous
- 1 zucchini that has cut up into small pieces
- 1 onion that has cut up into thin rings
- 1 cup of cut mushrooms
- ½ a bunch of coriander
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Place zucchini, onion, pumpkin and mushrooms into a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the contents of the bowl and season with dill, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the vegetables. Once cooked, remove them from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a separate pot, add the couscous to 2 ½ cups of boiling water. Once cooked, remove from heat and drain using a sieve.
- Run cold water through the couscous (to avoid it sticking together). Then, leave it to drain.
- Cut spinach into shreds and place in a separate large bowl.
- Add the vegetables and couscous to the spinach bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice and any more salt, pepper, dill, chili powder for flavour if necessary.
Follow the girl in the white house for more simple and delicious recipes!