This colourful salad always looks, and tastes, great. My family love it so it is usually eaten very quickly. Once we have eaten the salad we love to, in keeping with our Greek heritage, use bread to clean the plate of olive oil. (This is optional, but highly recommended!). I hope you and your family like this quick and simple salad as much as we do.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- A handful of finely chopped basil
- Olive oil
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices and place neatly on a flat plate.
- Slice onion into rings and put on top of the tomatoes.
- Garnish with basil (my family really like basil so I put a fair bit).
- Sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper over the tomatoes and onions.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
Follow the girl in the white house for more recipes