This is a recipe I made up a little while ago. It is a delicious alternative to a tomato-based pasta sauce but you can also use it as a dip.
- 60g of pine nuts
- 2 cups of (defrosted) frozen peas
- ½ cup of lemon
- Chilli powder
- Spinach fettuccine
- Mix pine nuts, peas and lemon juice in a food processor until combined into a smooth paste.
- Season with oregano, dill, chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil water in a pot and add spinach fettuccine.
- While that is boiling, place spinach in a colander and pour hot water over it.
- Once the pasta is ready, stir the spinach and pesto mixture through it.
For more delicious and simple recipes follow girl in the white house!