- 200g of butter
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of chopped dates
- Preheat the over to 180°C.
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- (If you have some members of the family who don’t like dates, take some of the mixture out now.)
- Add dates and mix well.
- Take a small amount of dough and mix into a ball.
- Use three fingers to flatten the ball of dough.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the bowl is empty.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes of until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
For more delicious and easy recipes follow girl in the white house!