Federico Fellini once said, ‘life is a combination of magic and pasta’. The fact that my little brother, who is not capsicum’s biggest fan, loved this sauce suggests to me that it is both magical and a pasta dish. It is fast to make and perfect for quick dinners put together after a long day at work. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family did!
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Olive oil
- ½ a capsicum (finely chopped)
- 160g of tomato paste
- 1½ cups of water
- ¼ cups of lemon juice
- Splash of red wine
- Chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- Cut the onion into thin rings and fry in a pan with olive oil and garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and capsicum.
- Pour in the tomato paste, lemon juice, red wine and water. Allow to simmer.
- Add the ground cloves, oregano, chilli powder and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For more easy and delicious recipes follow girl in the white house!