I say that this salad is versatile because you can make it for one person or you can make it when entertaining many people. It is fast to make, aesthetically pleasing and delicious.
(I have not given particular quantities in this recipe because it will depend on how many people you are catering for and if one vegetable is more popular than others amongst the company.)
- Iceberg lettuce (or whatever lettuce you prefer)
- An onion cut into rings (in this picture I used a white onion, but I would recommend using a purple onion)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut the lettuce into strips and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the tomato(es) into cubes and put them on top of the lettuce.
- Slice the cucumber(s) into circles or half moons and put them in the bowl.
- Scatter the onion rings evenly in the bowl.
- Place a chunk of feta in the middle of the bowl. (This will need to be broken eventually but I think it looks better in a single piece to begin with.)
- Sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper over the bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Toss the salad.
For more simple and satisfying recipes, follow girl in the white house!