The best acai bowl I have ever had was bought at a little juice bar on James St at Burleigh Heads. I must have been there twenty or thirty times at least but I cannot seem to remember the name. For some reason I have not yet posted about this little fruit shop/juicer, but I will.
Given that I do not live particularly close to Burleigh, I have been searching for a way to make something as delicious at home. Though it does not include acai, this berry bowl is my latest attempt.
For me, part of what makes the Burleigh acai bowl so satisfying is the granola that they put on top. I have been searching for it for some time. The other day I found it: Irrewarra Granola Co. Australia’s Handmade ‘Original Recipe’ Granola.
This is how you make a Pink Berry Bowl for yourself and a friend. It is so easy!
- Irrewarra Granola Co. Australia’s Handmade ‘Original Recipe’ Granola (or another kind of granola or muesli if you cannot find it)
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries and blueberries
- ½ a frozen banana
- 1½ cup of milk (I like skim)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- A little bit of cinnamon
- In a blender combine the frozen fruit, milk, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- Place the smoothy-like substance into a bowl or glass.
- Add granola on top. (The quantity of granola in this picture is purely for photographic purposes. My guess is you are going to want to put a lot more. You should.)
For more easy recipes and food adventures, follow girl in the white house!