Now that you have seen the finished product, I thought you should see why a single zucchini was the hero of this dish. My grandmother asked if I wanted to help her cook. As always, the answer was yes. When she told me what we were cooking I went to the fridge to collect the vegetables. She told me to wait a minute and walked out to her garden. I thought she must be going to get some herbs so I was surprised when she returned with this gargantuan zucchini. I was so impressed by her homegrown produce that I had to take some pictures before we began to cook. Here is how you make zucchini fritters!
- 1 massive zucchini (or a couple of little ones)
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams of feta
- ½ a cup of flour
- ½ a cup of bread crumbs
- A bunch of chopped basil
- A bunch of chopped parsley
- Chilli flakes
- Grate the zucchini and carrots and place in a bowl.
- Drain the liquid from the bowl.
- Add the basil and parsley.
- Grate the onion and fry slightly. Once fried, add to the vegetable bowl.
- Crumble the feta into the bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and mix.
- Combine the flour and bread crumbs with the vegetable mix. (You may need more than the prescribed amount depending on how well you drained the vegetables.)
- Season with salt, pepper, dill and chilli flakes.
- Roll the mixture into balls. (If it begins to fall apart, use more flour .)
- Fry the balls in olive oil.
- Once fried, put the fritters on a plate lined with a serviette or paper towel to remove some of the oil.
- Serve hot or cold.
Follow the girl in the white house for more simple and delicious recipes!