I am sure there are more impressive ways of making wontons but I thought I would put together this super simple recipe for those you who, like me, have never tried making them before. Best of luck! I am sure you will nail this very simple recipe.
- 1½ cups of (finely chopped) mushrooms
- 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables (corn, carrot, peas)
- 1 packet of wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (plus more to serve)
- 1 tablespoon of chilli sauce (plus more to serve)
- Oil to grease the pan
- In a pan fry the mushrooms in oil.
- Once the mushrooms have been slightly cooked, add frozen vegetables.
- When the vegetables have defrosted, add soy and chilli sauce.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Wrap one teaspoon of vegetables into each wonton wrapper and twist the top. (Be careful not to put too much because if you do you may have trouble closing it!)
- Once all wontons are wrapped, steam them for 10 minutes or until you can see the contents through the wrapper.
- Serve with soy and chilli sauce.
For more simple and delicious recipes, follow the girl in the white house!