I love this dessert. Not only does it combine some of my favourite things but I think that the layers make it look quite interesting. With the sweetness of marshmallows, Nutella and fresh berries it is impossible for this dessert to taste anything but delicious. This makes putting it together stress-free because no matter how it looks, you KNOW that it is going to taste good.
The last time I made this my friends and I sat in the backyard playing guitars, ukuleles and eating this sweet stack by candlelight. The evening was an unforgettable one and the dessert was a big hit!
I hope you enjoy this scrumptious dessert as much as I did.
- 2 packets of marshmallows
- 375g of Nutella
- 1 packet of milk arrowroot biscuits
- 2 punnets of fresh strawberries (cut into pieces).
- 1 punnet of fresh blue berries
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Crush the milk arrowroot biscuits into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add it to the biscuits. Mix until combined.
- Place the biscuit mixture in a thick layer at the bottom of each glass.
- In a microwavable container, heat the Nutella for about 30 seconds or until it becomes thinner than usual. (This makes it easier to pour into the glasses.)
- Pour a layer of Nutella into each glass. (NB: Do not use all the Nutella at this stage. You will need to keep some for the second layer.)
- Separate the white and pink marshmallows.
- Put all the white marshmallows in another microwaveable container and microwave them for 30 seconds or as long as it takes for them to look like a giant pillow. (Be careful though, if you leave them in the microwave for much longer they will burn).
- Quickly – because the marshmallows will become very sticky and difficult to manoeuvre once they cool down – add a layer of white marshmallow to each cup.
- Place a few chopped strawberries on top. (Try and get a few to line the cup so that you can see them from the outside. As you can see in the picture above, I struggled with this. The strawberries seemed to fall into the marshmallow so I could not get a full layer of strawberries in the middle of the cup.)
- Pour the remaining warm Nutella into each cup.
- Microwave the pink marshmallows and then put some in each cup.
- Add a layer of strawberries to each cup.
- Place a handful of blueberries on top.
You can serve this dessert immediately but you don’t have to. However, if you are not serving these cups immediately, cover them but do not put them in the fridge. If you put them in the fridge the contents of the cups with solidify which makes it more difficult to eat.
Also, when cleaning the marshmallows off the bowls, cups and spoons use hot water. It will save you a lot of trouble!
Follow the girl in the white house for easy and delicious recipes!