It’s that time of year again: the heat is scorching, the beach is packed, the lychees are in season and carols are sung. Christmas is just over a week away.
If you’re sick of negotiating the Westfield car park and the shoppers who need a little more of the festive spirit, how about you try making your own Christmas gift? This cookie jar mix is the perfect alternative.
NB: The quantities may change slightly depending on the size of your bottle!
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Lots of Christmas coloured M&Ms
How to make the bottle:
- Make sure your glass bottle is completely dry.
- Pour each ingredient into the bottle in the following order: flour, oats, brown sugar, white sugar then M&Ms.
How to make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven.
- Poor the contents of the jar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add two eggs and some butter.
- Place cookie mix in small balls on a tray and cook until golden brown.